Familiarity and continuity, for those living with dementia
A change in routine and environment can be daunting for someone who is living with dementia. That’s why more and more families are choosing home care rather than residential care, so their loved one can stay in their home where they feel safe and comfortable.
With more than a decades worth of experience in providing dementia care from ongoing support to live in care by choosing Blue Ribbon you can be rest assured that your loved one is in good hands.
- There are 750,000 people with dementia in the UK.
- By 2021 there will be over 940,000 people living with dementia and this will soar to 1.7 million by 2050.
- One in three people over 65 will die with dementia.
- More than 60 per cent of all care home residents, aged over 65, have a form of dementia.
- There are over 16,000 people under 65 with dementia in the UK.
These are not just statistics; they represent more than a million families with loved ones who require special care, both at home and in nursing homes. If you are struggling to care for a loved one with dementia it is important to remember you are not alone.
Blue Ribbon can provide one-to-one home care for loved ones with Alzheimer’s and related dementias. Call us today to find out more about our dementia care services and the many flexible options for dementia care at home.