As part of the home care services, Blue Ribbon supply a domestic cleaning service with a twist. We can assist you at home with cleaning but also help with shopping, cooking and even a spot of DIY should you require a little more help.
We pride ourselves on providing the highest standards of service in whatever we do. This service is available 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday.
We provide the following:
- Criminal record checked (DBS) and referenced staff.
- Easily recognisable uniformed staff with ID.
- £10m Public Liability Insurance.
- Comprehensively trained Care Workers.
- An invoiced service so you don’t have to worry about paying cash.
Domestic cleaning service
- All rooms of your home cleaned.
- Basic oven cleaning/carpet cleaning.
- Laundry and ironing service.
- Spring clean/one off clean.
Other services include
- Cooking – fresh, nutritious meals from scratch or heating ready made meals.
- Shopping/day trips/escorting to appointments.
- Handyman services/DIY
- Coal fire building service.
- Pet exercising and siting service.
Jean* is an elderly lady who lives with her husband in the Midlands. Jean is the main carer for Derek* as he recently had a mild stroke.
Jean’s son wanted to pay fro the couple to have care services but they were both adamant that they would be able to cope. Jean’s son suspected that their resistance was due to a generational feeling of pride and so continued to push for some kind of service to assist his mother with her increased workload.
Eventually Jean’s son managed to persuade his mother to have an hour of help each week and so called Blue Ribbon to organise an assessment.
Jean’s care requirements
Jean’s local office manager called to see Jean on a very informal basis as she was aware of the reluctance to accept any help. The manager explained the Clean & Assist service and how the company would provide a member of staff to provide a bit of help with any housework.
How Blue Ribbon help Jean
A home care worker began visiting Jean on a Thursday afternoon for one hour to help with tidying the house. After a few week’s Jean told her son what a great help the carer was and asked if it would be possible to have her visit for two hours instead of one so they could get more done. After a few more weeks Blue Ribbon was visiting twice a week to help with cleaning and shopping and also visited twice a week to assist Jean’s husband with having a bath.
Clean & assist is a very good introductory service if you or someone you love is finding it difficult to accept outside help.
*Names have been changed for data protection.